Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 22 - Super Easy Pumpkin Soup


                 Super Easy Pumpkin Soup


4 cups raw pumpkin
2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg cream cheese


Bring chicken broth to boil in medium pot.
Add pumpkin, garlic, pepper, and salt. 
Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, 
for 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir
in cream cheese, and place in blender.
Puree for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
Serve hot. For an extra yummy treat,
place seasoned bread crumbs in center
and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top
liberally. 
Ahhhh...it doesn't get any better than
this on a chilly night!  The cream cheese
gives it some protein, and makes it a 
little less orange for the picky toddlers!!
Please do NOT try this soup with canned
pumpkin!!! I tried it the other night, and
blaaaaahhhh!!! The organic canned 
pumpkin was not a winner!!! Use fresh
pumpkin, if possible, for that almost 
sweet butternut squash flavor with the
cream cheese. My confession of the day:
if I'm in a hurry and really don't feel like
cleaning the kitchen after I cook, I 
satisfy my a craving for squash with Lean 
Cuisine's Butternut Squash Ravioli...
veges, squash, nuts, creamy, cheesy...
mmmmmmmmmmm!!!! You have to try 
it before you judge!!! You'll be pleasantly
surprised!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anything with cream cheese is a winner in my book! I'm going to try this. I have pumpkins that need to be slaughtered.