Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 12 - Betty Crocker Kind of Day - Pumpkin Carrot Cake Cupcakes

                Betty Crocker's Carrot 
                  & Pumpkin Cupcakes


As I woke up this morning after a very
long and restless night sleep, with my 
little girl pasted against me, finally 
resting after seemingly endless kicks
and 1000's of tosses, I didn't even 
know if I was late or early. So simply
confused with time change and lack of
sleep, I crept cross-eyed into the 
kitchen to attempt brewing coffee for
my husband at 6 am, or was it 7???


After sending him off to work at a very
abnormally bright 6:45, I succumbed to
as long of a hot shower that 10 minutes
would allow me!! Jumping out of the 
shower, momentarily refreshed, I pulled
my sleepy daughter out of her nest, and
plopped her on the couch. She then
proceeded to tell me that she couldn't
sleep all night because her head hurt so
bad....and so began the Betty Crocker Day.


Feeling guilty for complaining
about a simple lack of sleep, when my 
little angel was actually legitimately sick
ALL night, I went into my nurturer mode. 
In a continued attempt to make my girl
feel better, when she asked for cupcakes,
this was my way of making something a
little healthier. When she wanted flowers
and hearts for shapes...well, you see what
the picture shows. So today, the Betty 
Crocker Day, was all for my little girl...as
any mother would do for her little one!


Ingredients:
1 Box Betty Crocker Super Moist Carrot
   Cake Mix
1 cups raw, shredded pumpkin, cooked in
   microwave 5 minutes, and mashed
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs


Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 
bottom and sides of muffin pans, or use
paper baking cups. Mix cake mix and 
cooked pumpkin together in large mixing
bowl. Mix water, eggs, and vegetable oil
in separate bowl, and add to cake mix. 
Beat on low speed 30 seconds, or hand
mix about 100 times, scraping bowl sides.
Pour into muffin/cupcake pans, 3/4 full.
Bake for 22-25 minutes, depending on
darkness of pan, or until toothpick comes
out clean. Remove from oven, cool for 10
minutes, and remove from pans. Decorate
per your sweet little one's special request.


Mine really wanted flowers, and was not 
pleased with just the heart shaped ones in
her most favorite color of pink. You
can see that I was so sleepy while making
the flower, that I didn't even realize they 
were two different colors of petals until 
looking at the picture just now!!! She was
happy, though, and that made it ALL worth
while!!! 



No comments: