Thursday, December 9, 2010

Healthy Benefits of Pumpkin

      I hope you enjoyed my 29 new Pumpkin recipes. Unfortunately, during these 29 days, there were a LOT of unprecedented events...water heaters spraying over furniture, cars leaving a mother and 2 young children stranded 3 times (once with a carful of groceries), sick children, health problems with close relatives, and the final battle of a dear, wonderful Uncle losing his life after a recent diagnosis of brain cancer. 
     With this most recent event, and now that I have more time to write, I've felt compelled to share with you the benefits of pumpkin. 
     These are only two articles that I've recently come across on the benefits. Did you know that you could use Pumpkin to treat intestinal worms, or to aid in the regeneration of pancreatic cells. I had NO idea that it would help in reducing insulin in the diabetic person!!!
     After being a Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse for 16 years, mostly in the recovery of open heart surgery patients, I feel that this is only a natural progression of my pumpkin site....to help heal and teach with the information that I've found. So out with the calorie ridden, fat, decadent recipes (except on occasion) and in with the informative, healing, and nurturing side of the nurse within me!!! I am here to help!!! Please send questions, and tap my brain anytime you want. I will do my best to find some answers to other health problems if you wish to share!!!
    Let's focus on the wonderful things that God has blessed us with in life, and open our minds to the incredible healing foods he has given us!!! The PUMPKIN is only ONE amazing example, and I think you'll agree when you start reading some of my findings!!! 
    

No comments: